This light sits at the North entrance to the old Welland Canal on Lake Ontario at Port Dalhousie, Ontario. It was built in 1898 and replaced a previous (1893) light that was destroyed by a lightening strike. It was automated in 1968 and decomissioned in 1988. It now serves as the home of the Niagara College Sailing School. Photos taken in June 2009.