This light is located at Burlington Beach on the South side of the Burlington Canal which leads to Hamilton Harbour on the shore of Lake Ontario. It was built in 1858 to replace a former wooden structure that was destroyed by fire in 1856. The circular limestone tower now sits behind the new lift bridge and was decomissioned in 1860. The light and the old brick lightkeeper's house are now heritage buildings. Photos taken in June 2009.