Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Lime Point Lighthouse, Marin County, California

The Lime Point Lighthouse sits on the point at the base of the north tower of the Golden Gate Bridge in Marin County near Sausalito, California. It is not far from Fort Baker in the Golden Gate Recreation Area. The station was established as a fog signal in 1883. The current one story building dates to 1900 and when built a beacon was affixed to the top of it. The light remains an active aid to navigation. Photos taken in September 2016.Bottom photo shows proximity to the Golden Gate Bridge.



5 comments:

  1. Now you are in my childhood terrain...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I would have had more time there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Neal, it is an area that takes time to really explore. There is a beautiful blog of photos of the mountain the bridge leads to. It might inspire you to visit again. I will get you a link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah...the blog I mentioned as been turned into a book. However he has a new blog and on the sidebar you can see the preview of the book of Mount Tamalpais over a year's time. I am glad I followed it when I could. The new blog is often on the mountain too: jwallphotos(AT)blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeannette... I will have a look. Cheers and have a great Christmas season.

      Delete