Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Heceta Head Lighthouse, near Florence, Oregon







In previous trips past this beautiful light, I had not had time to stop and hike up to the lighthouse and had only a photograph of a distant view as in my previous post about it. I had vowed to remedy that oversight and this time, although the weather was not cooperating, I made the short hike up to the site. Here are some photos of the lighthouse and the remaining keepers house (which is a popular B&B - photo on right). My visit included a tour of the lighthouse by a very interesting guide who related the history of not only the light but the origin of the name Heceta Head (after a Spanish Explorer who noted when passing that there was a shallow area of ocean West of the current site of the light). These photographs taken in September 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment