The Vers-Sur-Mer Lighthouse sits in a residential area of the town of Vers-Sur-Mer on a hill that overlooks Juno Beach. It is at the West end of Juno Beach and just east of Gold Beach. The light was built in 1908 and remains active today. The area was liberated fairly quickly after D-Day by British and Canadian troops, but the lighthouse sustained significant damage during the fighting and was restored after WWII. The grounds of the lighthouse are closed to the public, however it can be viewed easily from the street below. Photos taken in April 2013.