This light, a 82' masonary tower, is located just north west of the town of Honfleur, France. It was built in 1843 and although is now some distance from the water, it is believed that the estuary has been filled in since it was originally established. The light was deactivated in 1908 when the Falaise des Fonds lighthouse was built further to the north west. The lantern was removed at that time. The lighthouse is now a town landmark. The name of the light was derived from its proximity to the hospital. This light was a marker to the entrance to the Seine River which is west of it's location. Photos taken in April 2013.