The Leasowe Lighthouse was build in 1763 and is now located in the North Wirral Coastal Park, Moreton, Wirral, England. The light has been inactive since 1908. It was used for a time as a tea room after it was disactivated, but then was left abandoned for many years until approximately 1989. It is now maintained by the Friends of the Leasowe Lighthouse. A web cam at the top of the tower can be accessed on the internet. This light is one of several constructed by the Mersey Docks and Harbour Board and is west of the City of Liverpool. It is 110 feet tall and is believed to be the oldest surviving brick build lighthouse in Europe. It was constructed from 660,000 hand made bricks. The area around the the lighthouse appears to be popular with hikers and dog walkers. Photos were taken in March 2013.