This light is situated in Forte de São Julião da Barra which sits at the north entrance to the Rio Tejo (Tagus River) west of the city of Lisbon, Portugal. The fort was constructed in the 16th century and it is believed the lighhouse dates to approximately 1775. The light remains active. The fort is now the offical residence for the Minister of State and Defence for Portugal. The distant photos were taken in April 2013.