The station at this point of land (Cap Lévi) which is a short distance from Fermanville, France on La Manche (English Channel) was established in 1858. The lighthouse was destroyed by fighting shortly after D-Day in WWII. The current light was built in 1948 following the war. The unusual design with concave walls was created by architects Levavasseur et Chauliat. It is a beautiful light and well worth the visit. Photos taken in April 2013.