Established in 1876 the New London Range Rear Lighthouse sits on the end of the cape at the entrance to New London Harbour in North Central Prince Edward Island, Northwest of the city of Charlottetown. The light remains active as an assistance to fishermen in the area. It is a 43 foot high wooden tower with attached keeper's quarters. For a time the keeper's quarters were rented to individuals, however this practice has been discontinued. The front range light in the area was demolished in 2006. It is noted that just a short distance from this lighthouse is the Yankee Hill Cemetery where it is believed that a number of American Fishermen are buried having drown in the Yankee Gale of 1851. Photos were taken in July 2014.