The Blockhouse Point Lightstation is the second oldest lighthouse on the island of PEI. It sits on a bluff above the Northumberland Strait on the West side of the channel leading into the Charlottetown Harbour. It is just South of the Fort Amherst/Point La Joye National Historic Site and the two Warren Cove range lights. The tower is attached to a two storey keeper's quarters. The lighthouse was constructed in 1876 but the station was established in 1846. Photos were taken July 2014.