This lighthouse is located at the North entrance to Yaquina Bay at Newport, Oregon. It was built in 1871 but closed in 1874 when the Yaquina Head light was lit north of it's location. It was scheduled for demolition in 1948 but saved by the efforts of the Lincoln County Historical Society. It became a dedicated historical site in 1956. There are many stories claiming that the lighthouse is "haunted". The photo was taken in July 2005.