The current Pointe Duthie Lighthouse sits on a bluff of land on Chaleur Bay just West of the town of New Richmond, Quebec. The original lighthouse was only in operation from 1903 to 1914. At that time it was dismantled and moved to a nearby farm. The light is a 10 metre tall wooden tower. Part of the lighthouse was destroyed by fire and the remainder used as a storage shed. In 1989 the remaining portions of the lighthouse were used to reconstruct the current light. It is part of the Gaspésian British Heritage Centre and accessible by a 2 1/2 kilometre walk from the parking lot. In season there are horse drawn carts available to get to the area. The centre has a number of interesting period houses and businesses to view. Photos taken in October 2017.