The Pointe Bonaventure Lighthouse sits on the West side of the Bonaventure River where it empties into Chaleur Bay in the South part of the Gaspe Peninsula. It is just East of the Town of Bonaventure, Quebec. The light, which dates to 1902 was originally at Pointe Échouerie and then moved to Pointe Bonaventure in 1907. The light was relocated to its current location in 2005. The light has been inactive since 1998 and is currently on the private property of a campground alongside the river, although access to the site is open. the light is a 7 1/2 metre tall wooden tower with gallery. Photos were taken in October 2017.