The Gatun Northbound Rear Lighthouse is located at the Gatun Locks on the Panama Canal south of the city of Colon. It is the rear range light for ships approaching the locks from Gatun Lake to the south. The light is a 27 metre (89 foot) tall white concrete tower with a blue base. The light remains active. It was built during the original construction of the Panama Canal (between 1904 and 1914) and was activated in 1914. Photos taken in March 2016.