The Gamboa Southbound Front Range Lighthouse is located on the west side of the River Chagres at the start of the Gaillard (formerly Culebra) Cut section of the Panama Canal. It is just south of the town of Gamboa and north of the bridge that spans the Chagres River. The light was constructed between 1904 and 1914 during the construction of the canal. It was activated at the opening of the canal in 1914. The lighthouse is a 14 metre (45 foot) grey concrete tower. This light was deactivated (year unknown) and replaced by a newer light on a pole nearby. Sadly, it appears to be abandoned, not maintained and has been tagged with graffiti. Photos taken in March 2016.