This schoolhouse style lighthouse was built in 1858 but has been inactive since 1904. It did however serve as the keepers house for the Michigan City East Pierhead Lighthouse until 1940. It is located in Washington Park in Michigan City, Indiana just West of the Michigan City East Pierhead Lighthouse. It now serves as a lighthouse museum and is well worth the visit. Although there is no lens in the tower, a rebuilt spiral staircase allows one access to the tower and the view. Photos taken in June 2011.