The Grosse Point Lightstation was established in 1873. It is located in Evanston, Illinois approximately 13 miles North of Chicago. It is found on the shore of Lake Michigan adjacent to Lawrence O. Lawson Park and Lighthouse Beach. It is a privately operated light and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1999. It is not far from the campus of Northwestern University. Photos taken in June 2011.