Search This Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Cape Blanco Lighthouse, Cape Blanco, Oregon

The Cape Blanco Lighthouse is located on a high bluff at Cape Blanco just North of Port Orford, Oregon. The lighthouse commenced operation in December 1870.  It was automated in 1980.  In 1992 vandals damaged the lens, but it was able to be repaired and was back in operation by 1994. The light has been open to visitors since 1996 and is part of Cape Blanco State Park. Photos were taken in June 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment