This lighthouse sit in the Gulf of Finland on the Tallinn Shoal approximately 20 miles Northeast of the city of Tallinn, Estonia. It was established in 1969 and replaced a bouy that was at that point from 1950 onward. Prior to 1950 a lightship had been stationed at the shoal. Construction took 9 years due to stormy seas. This very distant view was taken in June 2009.