This inactive light is located between Fleet Street and Lakeshore Blvd., just West of Bathurst St. in Toronto, Ontario. The following is inscribed on the plaque affixed to the lighthouse and gives a history of the light. "Queen's Wharf Lighthouse - This lighthouse, built in 1861, stood on Queen's Wharf 450 metres to the East, near the original foot of Bathurst Street, and marked the only navigable entrance to Toronto Harbour. At the time, it supported a fog bell and a red lantern which, when aligned with a white range light, indicated the approach to the harbour. In service until 1911, it became redundant when a new Western channel was established. The lighthouse was moved to this site in 1929. - Toronto Historical Board 1978". Photos taken in October 2010.