The Patos Island Lighthouse on Patos Island in the Washington State San Juan Islands is the only wood construction lighthouse in Washington. The station was originally established in 1893 and the lighthouse constructed in 1908. The light was automated in 1974. The tower has two red panels which warn sailors of dangerous shoals in the area. The island is now Patos Island State Park. The Lighthouse was recently refurbished and is maintained by the Keepers of the Patos Light. The photos were taken in June 2010.