The Richmond River Lighthouse, also known as the Ballina Head Lighthouse dates to 1880. It sits on a hill north of the mouth of the Richmond River in Ballina, New South Wales, Australia. The light is a white 7 metre stone tower with blue trim. It is still active with a 2nd order Fresnel lens. It previously had an attached building, but that was removed at an unknown date. Light was refurbished in 2011. Photos taken in April 2017.