The Kaohsiung lighthouse dates to 1883, although it was extensively upgraded in 1918. It sits at the top of a high bluff (Qihou Hill) at the north end of Cijin Island in Kaohsiung. It is on the south side of the narrow entrance into the harbour at Kaohsiung. The light is a white 15 metre tall octagonal brick tower with gallery and black dome at the top. It has a one story brick keepers house attached. Photos were taken in March 2017.