The Pine Island Light Station sits on the southwest side of Pine Island which is near the northeast tip of Vancouver Island north of the town of Port Hardy. The station was established in 1906 and has been active since that time. As of 2015 the station remains one of the few staffed light stations left in Canada. The current cylindrical steel tower was erected in 2001 to replace the original tower. Photo (from a distance) taken in June 2015.