Situated at the Southwest entrance to the Saint John Harbour, there has been a lighthouse on Partridge Island since 1791, the oldest light station in New Brunswick. The current light is from 1961. Although the island is connected to the mainland by a rock breakwater, the end of the breakwater is fenced and the island is not open to the public. This island is also the site of what was believed to be the first steam powered fog signal in the world (1859). These distant photos were taken in March 2012.