This light was erected at this site in 1927. It was originally constructed in 1881 as the Deleware Breakwater Rear Range Light at Lewes, Deleware and disassembled there in 1921 and moved to its present location in 1927. It is a pyramidal skeletal type of lighthouse. It sits on a stretch of white sand beach on Gasparilla Island by the Gulf of Mexico. It is a short distance north of the Boca Grande Lighthouse. Photos taken in March 2011.