Established in 1794 these lights are on the Pentland Skerries, small rocky islands at the East entrance to Pentland Firth, North of Duncansby Head, Scotland. The two lights were rebuilt between 1821 and 1830. The taller one is Pentland Skerries High and the shorter is Pentland Skerries Low. In 1941 during WWII these lights were machine gunned by the enemy. This distant view was taken in May 2009.