The Gibb's Hill Lighthouse is situated in Southhampton Parish on the South West part of the island of Bermuda. It sits on one of the highest points of land on the island and climbing the 354' tower affords wonderful views (top left photo). The light was constructed in 1846 and is the second oldest cast iron lighthouse in the Americas. On the grounds can be seen the weathervane that was originally atop the light but was removed in 1988 and replaced by a radar scanner (top right photo). The lighthouse is one of the island's most popular tourist attractions and houses a restaurant/tea room and gift shop. There is a nominal fee to climb the tower, but it is well worth it. Photos taken in April 2010.