This lightship is moored at the Marine Heritage Centre on Lake Union near downtown Seattle, Washington. This ship was comissioned in 1904 and originally served as a lightship in California. It was first stationed on the Mendicino coast and later in the San Francisco area. It moved to Washington in 1951 and served as a relief lightship at locations off the Washington coast. The ship was decomissioned in 1960 after 56 years of service (including serving as a coastal patrol boat for the US Navy during WWII). The ship is designated LV83. There are a number of other vintage vessels moored nearby. Photos taken in August 2009.