The Tokyo Lighthouse is located near the north entrance to Kitanomaru Park in the Kudanshita District of Tokyo, which is near the Imperial Palace. This lighthouse which was constructed in 1871 was one of the first lighthouses build at the start of the modernization of Japan. It has been inactive for many years and was relocated to this site in 1930. It is an impressive looking stone structure. Photos taken in March 2017.