This lantern house was originally installed on the Trial Island Lighthouse, four miles SE of Victoria, British Columbia on November 16, 1908. The apparatus was replaced by an acrylic lens in 1970. The lamp is a Fourth order Fresnel lens and when in operation was visible for fifteen miles. It is currently displayed outside of the Maritime Museum of British Columbia in Bastion Square, downtown Victoria, B.C. Photos taken in January 2011.